UP ATS arrests suspected ISI agent Jamaluddin in Lucknow
Lucknow: A suspected Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agent has been arrested from the capital of Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday evening.
Alleged of providing financial assistance to ISI supporters in India, Jamaluddin was apprehended in a joint operation carried out by UP Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) and Rajasthan Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The ATS came to know that Jamaluddin was frequently receiving money from a gulf country through hawala (illegal money transfer).
- The investigation was headed by ATS Additional Director General (ADG) Daljit Singh Chaudhary and Inspector General (IG) Asim Arun.
- Jamaluddin was also found transferring Rs 30,000 every month to the account of one Govardhan hailing from Pokhran in Rajasthan’s Jaisalmer district.
- According to official sources, the police was keeping a close watch on Jamaluddin for the last six months.
- Jamaluddin is the son of one Moinuddin and hails from Rasulpur locality in Nevada village of UP’s Ghazipur district.
- According to police, Govardhan is former Indian army official.
- He is alleged of providing classified Indian Army information to Pakistan.
- He was detained by the Rajasthan police on December 27 last.
- Jamaluddin was arrested following the information given by Govardhan during interrogation.