TRENDING TAGS :
Income Tax department raids 15 premises of senior IAS officers
Apart from the former Lucknow DM, raids were also conducted at the residence of Senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Vimal Kumar Sharma. Sharma has also served as the DM of Firozabad and Ghaziabad earlier
Lucknow: In a major crackdown on senior bureaucrats of Uttar Pradesh, the Income Tax department, on Wednesday, raided premises of three IAS officers and others.
The officers included senior IAS officials Satyendra Singh, Vimal Sharma and Hriday Shankar Tewari.
Lucknow and Ghaziabad residences of Satyendra Singh were raided by the authorities.
Senior I-T officials said that the residences of the IAS officer in Ghaziabad and Lucknow were raided by the tax authorities. "The raids were conducted by the Lucknow and Delhi investigation wings of the Income Tax department of India," the officials said.
Apart from him, raids were also conducted at the residence of Senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Vimal Kumar Sharma. Sharma has also served as the DM of Firozabad and Ghaziabad earlier.
Meanwhile, I-T raids were also conducted at several other places in the state. Here is what the I-T department stated:
- Today we are conducting searches in 3 cases of govvernment servants of UP: Mr. Hriday Shankar Tewari, IAS, presently posted as Director (Health), UP, Lucknow (ex-DM of Baghpat). Vimal Kumar Sharma, IAS, presently posted as Additional CEO Greater Noida Authority and his wife Mamta Sharma, RTO, Meerut and Satyendra Kumar Singh, Special Secretary, prisons, U.P., Lucknow.
- A total of 8 warrants are being executed spread over 5 cities: Meerut, Baghpat,Greater Noida, Lucknow and Delhi.
- In this case also, total 8 warrants are being executed spread over three cities: Meerut,Noida, Mainpuri.
- Total 6 premises covered at Lucknow and Noida.
- Raids were also conducted at the premises of land-mafias Mahesh Gujjar and Ranveer Singh in Baghpat.
Details regarding the raids will be shared later in the day, said officials.