Senior IAS officer Sanjeev Dubey commits suicide in Lucknow
Lucknow: A senior IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh committed suicide at his official residence by hanging himself here on Thursday.
His body was found hanged by his family members at his residence at 14, Gautampalli area here.
The 1987 batch UP cadre officer was posted as Principal Secretary at the Home Guard department and held several important posts.
Sources close to him said that he was under depression from past several months due to illness.
Read in next slide who was Sanjeev Dubey:
Who was Sanjeev Dubey?
- 66-year-old Sanjeev Dubey hailed from Bihar.
- He has been a low profile and very reserved kind of person throughout his life.
- He held various important portfolios including principal secretary information for a brief period.
- He had also held the post of Lucknow divisional commissioner.
- He also remained district magistrate at many districts.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav condoled the shocking demise of senior UP IAS officer Sanjeev Dubey.
Several government officials reached at Sanjeev's residence. Check in next slides: