How to build a positive parent-child relationship?
Among all the relationships we have on this earth, the toughest yet the most sacred is the relation shared by parents with their children. Parent-Child relationship has all the ingredients like emotions, anger, admiration and inspiration. Parenting undoubtedly is the most fulfilling job as it involves building of a human being.
Need of a positive Parent-Child Relationship
- One thing to be kept in mind when it comes to parenting is 'positive' growth of children. Positive learning always helps in making a child flourish in whatever he does in his life. Be it career or relationships, it is always important to tackle things with extreme positivity and parents should pour this habit in them.
- Loving parents create loving children and this helps in creating a loving society overall. Parents should always impeach their child to have happy and content relationships with others.
- A child's education begins in school but his learning starts from his parents. It is important for parents to help their child grow mentally, emotionally and physically as well.
- It is always important for parents to keep a check on day-to-day activities of their child in early ages so as to lay a strong foundation. This helps in developing better social and academic skills.
- It is important for any child to have a sense of security with parents. A child is developed socially and emotionally when they have their parents protecting them all around. This also helps in getting an optimistic approach in any situation.
How to strengthen Parent-Child relationship?
When mother gives birth to her first child, both the husband and the wife have some aspirations for him. Aspirations related to how to grow him up; how to make him learn to behave; how to make him a better human being but all these things are only possible if parents take right steps at different stages of the life. The first and the foremost is to build an impeccable connection with your child so that he is tend to follow your guidance voluntarily. Here's how you can do that:
- Give a hug everyday: You love your child to the moon and back but it is also important to express it regularly. It is important to tell them that you love and care for them. The best way of expression is a warm hug. A hug does the magic what sometimes even words cannot do. It is important for them to know that even if their activities bother you; even if you disliked their behavior and even if you scold them on any occasion, you still love them.
- Give them time: It is always important that you take time for your children. This especially applies for working parents. Spending time with them will let you know what your child wants from you. This will also develop communication skill of your child.
- Have Meals Together: It is rightly said that family that eats together, lives together. It helps in a 20 minutes fruitful conversation with your child. Keep technology away from the dining table and encourage talks. Let your child describe you what he did in the entire day and what are his plans for the next day.
- Understand your child: Being parents do not means that you always force your child what to do or what not to do. Being parents means listening to them what they want to tell us. Try to develop a level of mutual conversation where your child can easily communicate with you.