Hindu organizations up in arms against Ghulam Ali programme
Varanasi: Hindutva organizations are once again up in arms against the Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali, who is slated to perform at Sankat Mochan temple in the temple city of Varanasi on April 26.
Divisional in-charge of Hindu Yuva Vahini Ambreesh Singh has threatened that they will not let Ghulam Ali and Pakistan ambassador for India Abdul Basit enter Varanasi.
- A Sankat Mochan Sangeet Mahotsav is held every year, on Hanuman Jayanti, in Varanasi.
- Ghulam Ali confirmed his visit to Sankat Mochan temple.
- He had called Mahant Professor Vishambhar Nath and confirmed he will be visiting the city on that day.
- Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan has also been invited to the programme.
- Shiv Sena is also against the programme of Ghulam Ali and has pasted posters saying ‘Ghulam Ali Wapas Jao’ in the city.
PM Modi will also participate:
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to attend three programmes on April 29.
- He may announce some schemes for the Manjhi community.
- The local Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders have also made arrangements to give a warm welcome to PM in his parliamentary constituency.