HC rejects review petition of Ashiana rape accused Gaurav
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on Friday rejected a revision petition of prime accused Gaurav Shukla in the infamous Ashiana rape case challenging the court's earlier decision to declare him adult at the time of the crime.
The single judge bench comprising Justice Mahendra Dayal rejected the revision plea of Gaurav, thus paving way for the trial court to give its judgement on the case.
The case so far:
- The HC had directed concerned officials to complete trial within three months.
- Gaurav Shukla raped the minor girl in May 2005 in Ashiana area of Lucknow district in Uttar Pradesh.
- He was declared an adult during the time of committing crime by the court in March 2015.
- The girl was abducted on May 2, 2005 by four youth in Ashiyana locality.
- They also beat her and burned her with cigarette butts.
- She was gangraped by a group of six in a moving car.
- She was repeatedly raped at a farm house of one of the accused.
- They even threatened the girl of dire consequences.
- She was dropped by them at a secluded street in night.
- She reached her home with the help of passerby.
- Two accused Aman Bakshi and Bhartendu Mishra - were sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in 2007.
- Other accused, Saurabh Jain and Asif Siddiqui, died in a road accident while Faizan was awarded life term in January, 2013.
- The sentence against Gaurav is pending in the trial court.