Gorakhpur Tragedy: ADM transferred, DM escapes action
Gorakhpur: Taking action in BRD Medical college tragedy, the Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday transferred Gorakhpur Additional District Magistrate (ADM) Prabhunath, announced Special Secretary Udai Bhanu Tripathi.
District Magistrate (DM) Rajeev Rautela, who presented his report into the tragedy in which over 60 children died, has escaped the action.
Earlier, District Magistrate Rajeev Rautela, in his report submitted to Medical Education Minister Ashutosh Tandon on Wednesday, held oxygen supplier firm, Pushpa Sales Pvt Ltd, Principal RK Mishra, Anesthesia Department head Dr. Satish responsible for the death of over 60 children in the Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital.
Rautela’s report has also held the Oxygen Purchasing Committee President responsible in matter.
The report clearly states that the deaths in Gorakhpur’s BRD Medical College was due to shortage of oxygen, after the central oxygen system ran out of the gas.
What the report said?
– Pushpa Sales Private Limited stopped the supply of oxygen despite knowing that it provides life support system to hospital.
– Dr. Satish was made aware about the faulty Air Condition (AC) unit through a letter sent to him by Dr. Kafeel Khan.
– Dr Satish was unpresent in the BRD Medical College from August 11 though he was not on official leave.
– Rajiv Mishra has been held responsible for not clearing the due payments to the oxygen vendor.
– Chief Pharmacist Gajanan Jaiswal and Satish Kumar are found guilty of not maintaining the Stok and log book.
– Accounts Department also have been found guilty of negligence. Uday Pratap Sharma, Sanjay kumar Tripathi and Sudhir Kumar Pandey of the concern department have been held responsible for it.
– There was complete lack of coordination between the doctors of the various departments, the report also found.
The report also said that a major financial irregularities cannot be ruled out and a probe in this regard should be ordered.