Forensic team visits Akhlaq’s house, collects samples
Noida: A forensic team on Saturday visited Mohammad Akhlaq’s house at Bisada village and gathered samples. Akhlaq was beaten to death by an enraged mob over the doubt of consuming beef. Petitioner Surajpal Singh and eye witness Prem Singh were also present at the scene.
- The houses of Akhlaq and his brothers were also inspected by the team.
- During the inspection, local people’s movement was stopped.
- The four-member forensic team, however, kept the information undisclosed.
- The video recording was made of petitioner and witness statements.
- A police officer said that the team took around one hour in collecting the evidences before leaving for Gorakhpur.
Jarcha police station investigation officer Pradeep Singh, Ultratech police station in-charge Arvind Singh, NTPC post in-charge Avinash Tyagi and few more also marked their presence.
Previously, Akhlaq’s son Sartaj submitted a memorandum regarding quashing of FIR which is being filed against his family.
- Akhlaq was lynched on September 28, 2015.
- 16 people including few minors were jailed in this case.
Akhlaq Lynching: Court likely to pronounce judgment in August