Rescue operation fails, five-year-old Nikhil dies in bore-well
Jhansi: Despite gruelling efforts for more than 29 hours, the five-year-old boy Nikhil, who fell into a 180-feet bore-well, was declared dead after being taken out by the rescue team at Imlota village in Jhansi district of Uttar Pradesh.
After being rescued from the bore-well, an unconscious Nikhil was immediately rushed to a primary health centre of Manipur where he was declared brought dead by the doctors.
- “The child appeared to have died of water inhalation as water had come into the bore-well”, Superintendent of Police (SP) Dinesh Singh said.
- Municipal corporation and jal board officials came into action and dug out land adjoining the bore-well with all precautions to pull out the kid safely.
- Nikhil was stuck at a depth of 50 feet in the 180-feet-deep bore-well.
- He was provided oxygen to enable him to breathe.
- The land around the bore-well had been dug up to 35 feet during the rescue operation.
- He fell into the bore-well while his family members were working in the fields.