FIR filed against poster showing Maya as Goddess Kali
Hathras: The police lodged an FIR in connection with a poster portraying former chief minister Mayawati as Godess Kali.
The FIR was lodged on a complaint from local BJP workers and the Hathras district police in Uttar Pradesh has booked the organiser of the event and painter of the poster.
What is in the poster:
- The poster shows Mayawati as an incarnation of Goddesses Kali. It has gone viral on social media.
- She is holding the severed head of Union Human Resource Development minister Smriti Irani.
- She is standing on the chest of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat.
- The poster was used in a procession taken out to commemorate the memory of Dr Bheemrao Ambedkar in Nagla village.
- Earlier, a poster in Varanasi had depicted BJP UP chief Keshav Maurya as Lord Krishna.
What did the police say:
- Superintendent of police, Dr. Ajay Pal stated that the poster had been removed and a case had been lodged on Monday for hurting religious sentiments.