Exclusive: IPS OP Singh to be the new DGP of Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh police has got a new Director General OP Singh. A 1983 batch IPS officer of UP cadre will take over the reins of the state police after the retirement of present DGP Sulkhan Singh.
Singh is presently posted as the DGP of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and is likely to take over on Monday. ADG (LO) Anand Kumar will be handling the responsibilities until Singh joins here.
In an exclusive chat with newstrack.com, Singh said that he would take up the responsibilities with an aim of increasing commoners trust on the police.
"First of all, the need of the hour is to improve the image of police and to make people trust the system," he stated.
OP Singh has served on various important posts in the Uttar Pradesh Police before moving to the Centre deputation. He has been the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of Lucknow for three times and Inspector General of Meerut.
Singh has assured that no one would be allowed to disrespect Law and Order in the state now. "All are equal in the eyes of Law," he further said.
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'
- PM Modi inaugurates Bharat Drone Mahotsav at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- India Post Recruitment 2022: Bumper vacancies! Over 38000 GDS posts at indiapostgdsonline.gov.in- Check details here
- Delhi weather update: Temperature to rise, mercury likely to cross 40°C in next few days
- Covid-19 fourth wave scare: India logs 2,710 new cases, 14 deaths in last 24 hours
- Krishna Janambhumi Dispute: Mathura Court Directs Plaintiffs To Provide Plaint Copy To Shahi Idgah Committee, Next Hearing On July 1
- Imran Khan praises India again as Pakistan sees highest-ever rise in petrol price
- Bulandshahr's Chaiwala Couple: 67 types of cold-hot tea are available here
- In Hyderabad, PM takes potshots at KCR, says time to end dynasty politics
- Narendra Modi's Chennai Visit: PM holds roadshow after arriving in capital city