Eleven prisoners in Bahraich jail diagnosed HIV positive
Bahraich: In a shocking incident, Uttar Pradesh State AIDS control society and Health department, in a joint report, on Friday, revealed that 11 prisoners convicted as well as under trials, of Bahraich jail were suffering from HIV positive syndrome.
The reports disclosed that these prisoners included a woman. The health department has arranged for the medical facilities in the prison.
- It is worth mentioning that it was the first time that any such camp has been organised inside the jail on the directive of the administration.
- A three-member team was sent to the jail by UP AIDS society for the medical check up about 1,185 prisoners.
- Health Department, Uttar Pradesh, came out with a report on Friday.
- These 11 jail inmates included four who are addicted to alcohol.
- Chief Medical Superintendent, Dr. OP Pandey confirmed the reports about their health. He said that an application has also been sent to Anti-Retro viral therapy centre requesting to provide medical assistance as soon as possible.
- Jail Superintendent Lalit Mohan Pandey also confirmed the news and said, "These prisoners are being treated without any discrimination and their treatment has already been started."