Do not impose ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ on anyone: Bhagwat
Lucknow: A day after exhorting the cadre to make the world chant “Bharat Mata Ki jai’, the RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat on Monday softened a bit saying that “it should not be imposed on others” but the RSS workers should do such good deeds to make people chant on their own.
"India has to show way to the world how an ideal life should be led and that too by serving the people and the motherland in an exemplary manner," he said thereby citing examples of Rajuu Bhaiyya, Atal Behari Vajpayee and Bhaurao Deoras who inspired the generations by their sense of duty and service to mankind.
Bhagwat said the new order of the World will emerge from India and Indians should be conscious about this fact and instil more sense of duty among themselves.
- The RSS chief is on a two-day visit to Lucknow.
- He was speaking to cadre after inaugurating the Rajju Bhaiyaa Smriti Bhawan.
- Rajju Bhaiyaa Smriti Bhawan was earlier know as Bharatiya Kisan Sangh building.
Rajju Bhaiyaa Smriti Bhawan:
- The building was allotted to the Sangh with efforts of Former ‘Sarsangchalak’ of RSS Rajju Bhaiya in 1948.
- It has been a shelter for numerous Sangh workers since the time of allotment.
- Rajju Bhaiya, along with Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya, Nanaji Deshmukh, Bhaurao Devras and Atal Bihari Vajpayee, used to operate from the same building.
Establishment of Bharatiya Kisan Sangh office:
- The Kisan Sangh office was established here in 1879.
- The Rashtriya Dharm and Panchjanya magazines were also printed here.
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya was the one to compose and print the magazines.
- Nanaji Deshmukh resided here till 1967 and Atal Bihari Vajpayee till the time he became Member of Parliament in 1957.
- It is still the address mentioned on Vajpayee’s Voter’s ID card of Lucknow.