Disregarding Modi government will harm Muslims: AMU VC
Aligarh: Unfazed by the criticism of attending Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) organized Iftar party; Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Vice-Chancellor Lieutenant General (Retd) Zameer Uddin Shah has said that if the Muslims disregard Modi government, it will harm them.
He said it was his deliberate decision to attend the Iftar party and he stands by it. Lt Gen Zameer had been under attack for making his appearance at the Iftar party organized by Muslim Rashtriya Manch (MRM), a wing of RSS. Seeking to make it clear on Wednesday, Zameer said it was not a big issue as it was made out to be.
Zameer Uddin said-
- Muslims have accepted Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister.
- India’s influence has been increased in the foreign affairs.
- If Muslims will ignore current government, then this will harm them.
- Without keeping pride aside, we need to keep the door of dialogue open.
Cited the example of Sir Syed Ahmad Shah-
- He gave the example of AMU founder Sir Syed Ahmad Shah.
- Zameer said that Sir Syed worked for the Muslim community in true sense.
- He said that Syed was criticized heavily as he was close to the British government.
- He admitted that it was Sir Syed's efforts, which helped Muslims returning to the mainstream.
- Zameer Uddin informed that the erection of AMU was the result of his hard work.
Also read: Three killed in bomb blast on Eid in Bangladesh