Digvijaya under-scanner after sharing stage with Zakir
New Delhi: An old video of him sharing stage with controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik has upset senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh. The video has gone viral on social media. The video also shows Digvijaya applauding Naik.
Distancing himself from the controversy, Digvijaya on Friday clarified that if Zakir is guilty, then action should be taken against him.
- Digvijaya is sharing stage with Zakir Naik in the video.
- Video clip shows Congress leader congratulating Islamic preacher of being a messenger of peace and harmony across the world.
- Both hugged each other after the programme.
After video resurfaced, Digvijaya said that both Hindu and Muslims are against terrorism.
UPA government had taken action against Naik in 2012-
- Congress had banned the telecast of Zakir Naik’s ‘Peace TV’ in India in 2012.
- The video which went viral is also of 2012.
Also read: Anti-Temple comment creates tension in a Bareilly village