Dawood Ibrahim may have to get his leg amputated
New Delhi: The 1993 Bombay serial blasts accused, underworld don Dawood Ibrahim may have to get his leg amputated due to gangrene, sources said.
The infection can spread through the body and can become life threatening for the underworld don, reports ABP news.
But sources close to the mafia don denied it saying that it was nothing but rumour mongering.
Here are some facts about Dawood Ibrahim:
- Born on December 26, 1955 to a police head constable in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra.
- He belongs to the Konkani Muslim community.
- Believed to have started his career in crime in the Karim Lala gang, which was once active in Mumbai.
- After shifting to Dubai, started his D-Company, believed to be one of the largest organised crime syndicates in south east Asia. His business empire straddles UAE, India and Pakistan.
- Organised and financed the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts; became India’s most wanted man.
- Dawood's daughter, Mahrukh Ibrahim, is married to the son of former Pakistani cricketer Javed Miandad.
- He was declared a “global terrorist” in 2003 by the US; believed to have close links with al-Qaeda.
- Known to love the good life, Dawood was once a prominent face in Sharjah, seen rubbing shoulders with the high and mighty during India-Pakistan cricket matches.
- Once even linked to Bollywood actress Mandakini besides other people from tinsel town.
- Several films like Company, D, and D Day are based on him.