Priest attacks Dalit man with trident in Sambhal, booked
Sambhal: The atrocities on Dalits in India is increasing every passing day, it seems as now a case of Dalit man attacked by a priest of a temple has come to light in Sambhal district of Uttar Pradesh.
According to the sources, the victim was attacked by the priest of temple by a trident when former’s daughter was not allowed to drink water from the temple. The incident happened in Gungarra village under Gunnaur police station, which is about 50 kms away from the district headquarters on Tuesday.
- The victim was working with her father in the fields.
- She went to the temple to drink water but was not allowed.
- The priest hurled abuses on the girl.
- Priest attacked her father when he came to rescue of his daughter.
- The Dalit father was admitted to the primary health centre (PHC).
- A case has been register under the SC/ST act, police said.
It is, however, not the first incident when a Dalits have been attacked by the members of dominant class. Earlier, in 2015 several such cases came to light in Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh.