Dadri lynching case hearing bv CJM court postponed
Noida: Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) court hearing the Akhlaq murder case has been postponed to July 25. The hearing has been put off as the Presiding Officer (PO) has gone on a vacation.
The court, however, shall give its verdict July 6 on the killing of an animal allegedly by Akhlaq's family members .
- Akhlaq was killed following rumours that he has stored cow meat in his fridge
- Later, Akhlaq’s son Danish was beaten badly by the villagers.
- Police had charged 18 people in this connection.
Forensic report changed the situation.
- As per the report of Mathura Forensic lab, the food sample sent to it was beef.
- The report created a fresh controversy
Under the act on animal cruelty, a man named Surajpal filed a complaint against the family of Akhlaq on June 9. Surajpal had alleged that Alhlaq’s family had killed an animal, which is worshipped by the Hindu community.
Also read: Last rites of Tarishi Jain to be performed in Gurgaon on Monday
Also read: PM Modi chooses Gorakhpur to revive magic in eastern UP