Communal Tension: Curfew to be partially lifted in Lakhimpur on Saturday
- Schools and colleges will remained closed.
- Internet services will remain active in the district.
- Action will be taking against black marketing of food items.
- People should not give importance to rumours and maintain peace.
- Strict action also will be taken against people spreading rumours.
- Those injured in firing are now out of danger.
Meanwhile, the police force from neighbouring districts was rushed to Lakhimpur and the senior police officials reached the troubled district, about 130 kms from the state capital. A total of four BJP activists including one Vinod Gupta had been arrested in this connection while peace committee was promptly set up to diffuse the tension.
District Magistrate Akashdeep while talking to newstrack.com stated that the peace had been restored in most of the areas and if situation remained the same, the curfew would be lifted by Friday evening. On the other hand, some acrimonious scenes were witnessed in the peace committee meeting when leaders of the ruling samajwadi Party and Bharatiya Janata Party had heated exchange of words on Friday morning.
BJP leader arrested:
- An objectionable Facebook post had triggered communal tension in the city of Lakhimpur in Uttar Pradesh on Thursday.
- DIG Lucknow Range, Praveen Kumar has rushed to the spot, along with other police and administrative officials, to take note of the situation..
- A video post portraying Hindu God in bad light was posted on Facebook after which a massive protest erupted in the city.