Congress is only consistent with its inconsistency, says Naidu
New Delhi: A day after former Home Minister P Chidambaram blamed the Jammu and Kashmir PDP–BJP government for the unrest in the valley, Union Minister Vekaiah Naidu on Thursday hit back at the Congress saying the remarks of the senior party leader had shown the party’s level of inconsistency.
“Congress is only consistent with its inconsistency,” said Naidu while interacting with newsmen in the national capital.
It may be recalled that Chidambaram had said the crisis had been exacerbated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s statements.
What else Naidu said:
- Congress has one more time shown insensitivity on the very sensitive Kashmir issue.
- The party’s own leaders are not on the same page.
- Senior leaders like Kapil Sibal say something and the party disowns it the very next day.
- The statements and contradictions show the party lacks maturity.
- These are the signs of political opportunism.
- My appeal to the party is to be realistic and respect the people’s sentiments.