Congress-BSP truck in UP assembly unlikely: UPCC
Lucknow: Mayawati-led BSP may have lent its helping hand to the party in Uttarakhand floor test but the Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee (UPCC) on Tuesday ruled out any truck with Bahujan Samaj Party in coming assembly elections in UP.
'' We are thankful to BSP for supporting the Congress in Uttarakhand but there is no possibility of pre-poll alliance in UP assembly polls, '' Madhusudan Mistri, the incharge of UP affairs told the press conference. He,however, kept the option of having alliance with Ajit Singh-led Rashtriya Lok Dal open saying it could not be ruled out.
He said that the assembly elections in the UP are still ten months away but as of today the party intends to go alone in the polls. He along with UPCC chief Nirmal Khatri was here on the occasion of interaction new party strategist Prashant Kishor (PK) with block pramukhs of the state.
What Mistri said:
- The PK's meeting was attended by 582 out of a total of 685 block pramukhs.
- The meeting raised many issues like early announcement of assembly candidates and projection of Chief Ministerial candidate.
- The names of candidates will be announced soon after the results of Assam, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu and Kerala assembly polls are out.
- The projection of the CM will be decided by the High Command.
- Meeting was told to bring forth regional issues which will be included in the poll manifesto after due deliberations.
- Rahul gandhi may address ameeting of 30000 party workers in near future.
- party may undertake a big visit to Bundelkhand to gain knowledge of ground realities.
- The workers also asked in the meeting to keep away the defeated candidates and also those who have come to party fold from other outfits.