Colgate to combat Ramdev's Dant Kanti with Cibaca Vedshakti
Mumbai: In a bid to give tough competition to Baba Ramdev’s swadeshi brand ‘Patanjali’, the oral care giant Colgate on Monday has launched herbal toothpaste ‘Cibaca Vedshakti’ at a very reasonable price.
Colgate’s latest product will give direct competition to Patanjali ‘Dant Kanti’ toothpaste.
Other herbal products from Colgate:
- Colgate has a strong hold on India’s oral care market
- It already sells its herbal variants including neem and clove toothpastes in India
- Patanjali’s Dant Kranti is available at Rs 40 for 100gms pack
- Colgate has fixed Rs 50 for its 175gms pack
- Colgate’s Cibaca Ved Shakti is nearly 30 per cent less than Dant Kanti
What Ramdev’s Patanjali spokesperson said?
- Patanjali’s spokesperson SK Tijarawala said that Colgate’s new product is a direct attack on our culture
- We (Indians) consider ‘Ved’ as Gods
- We don’t use them in our products