Just one SMS and get clean coaches in trains while travelling
Lucknow: In line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan', the Indian Railways today launched an SMS service 'Clean My Coach', which will facilitate the passengers to message the cleaning staff to sweep and clean a particular coach while travelling.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched the service on Friday through video conferencing with General Manager (GM) of North Eastern Railway (NER) Rajiv Misra and Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Alok Singh. The unique initiative will enable passengers to lodge complaints through text messaging and they will be attended within fifteen minutes.
Using the ‘Clean My Coach’ service, a passenger can file a complaint by typing CLEAN<space><Passenger Name Record (PNR) number on their cell-phone’s screen and sending it to ‘58888’. The message will be directly forwarded to the cleaner attending the specific coach of the train and a copy of the SMS will also be directed simultaneously to the railway administration for follow up.
Service available in three zones of NER:
- Passengers can avail the ‘Clean My Coach’ service in trains of Varanasi, Lucknow and Izzatnagar zones.
- It covers 18 trains of Lucknow and 6 trains each of Varanasi and Izzatnagar.
- The service was earlier introduced by NER GM Rajiv Misra under the Pilot Project.
- It was first rolled out in Gorakhdham Express.
Name of the trains to offer the service:
- Pushpak Express
- Awadh Express
- Kushinagar Express
- Gorakhdham Express
- Vaishali Express
- Raipur Garib Rath Express
- Bhopal Garib Rath Express
- Lucknow Jaipur Express
- Krishak Express
- Lucknow Chandigarh Express
- Lucknow LTT Superfast
- Gorakhpur Pune Express
- A/c Double-decker Express
- Lucknow Chapra Express
- Chapra Express
- Kathgodam Express