CJM court sends Dayashankar Singh to 14-day judicial custody
Mau: Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) court on Friday rejected the bail petition filed by the expelled Bharatiya Janata Party leader Dayashankar Singh who was arrested today from Buxar in Bihar.
Singh has been sent to 14 days judicial custody.
What Dayashankar said after his arrest?
- Dayashankar Singh gave statement in media after his arrest.
- Singh dared chief minister Akhilesh Yadav to take action against BSP leaders who have insulted his wife and daughter
What the DIG Dharamveer said?
- He (Dayashankar Singh) was staying in Buxar(Bihar) with a relative
- A case has been lodged against him in Mau
- He was sent for a medical examination before presenting him in the court
What is the case?
- Dayashankar Singh had passed a derogatory remark against BSP Supremo Mayawati in Mau
- He was sacked from the party for six years soon after his statement
- BSP workers took to the streets demanding arrest of Singh
- They shouted abusive slogans against Dayashankar Singh and his female family members
- An FIR was lodged against Singh but he was absconding after the incident
- Court issued non-bailable warrant against him
- Singh moved a plea in the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court, seeking a stay on his arrest
- HC refused his petition
- On Friday, he was arrested from Buxar in Bihar