Centre unhappy with UP over shabby work in PM's constituency
Lucknow: The central government is unhappy with the Uttar Pradesh government over implementation of developmental projects in Varanasi, the parliamentary constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The Centre has sent a letter to the state government in this regard which prompted the latter to take notice of the complaint though nothing has so far been done so far.
Union Urban Development Ministry:
- The urban development ministry of Government of India has already registered its reservation.
- Union Urban Development Secretary Rajiv Gauba has already shot off a letter to the UP government in this regard.
The schemes lacking in implementation:
- The maximum schemes under question are of Urban Development Ministry of GoI.
- GoI is unhappy over progress of Jawahar Lal Nehru Urban Renewable Mission, Heritage City Documentation and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JAICA), Namami Gange, Swachh Bharat and Smart City.
UP Chief Secretary to take meeting:
- UP Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan was to take review meeting in Varanasi on Tuesday.
- His visit was cancelled.
- The meeting is being attended by Joint Secretary,GoI Praveen Prakash,Deputy Secretary of PMO Mayur Maheshwari and Deputy Secretary of Urban Devlopement ,GoI Sumit Gakhar.
CS was to review:
- Goitahan Seawage Treatment Plant.
- Sewage Treatment Plant at Chauka Ghat under JAICA.
- The weavers trade facility center's progress.
Garbage Plant under JNNRUM:
- The garbage treatment plant is incomplete.
- The A to Z company working on it has moved the Court.
- Swachh Bharat is failed in PM's Kashi.