Seven-year old dies in celebratory firing, Inspector suspended
Meerut/Muzzafarnagar: A seven-year old boy was killed in celebratory firing by the supporters of Block Development Councillor (BDC) winning candidate Nafisa on Sunday in Shamli of Muzaffarnagar district in Uttar Pradesh.
The boy sustained bullet injury while he was going somewhere in an auto rickshaw along with his mother and was declared brought dead by the doctors.
- Nafisa defeated Sanjeeda from a very close margin in BDC elections of Kairana block.
- Nafisa’s supporters started celebratory firing after the results were announced.
- The scene continued for more than half hour.
- They fired in the presence of police.
- No one could dare to stop the supporters from firing.
Kins blocked the road:
- Outraged kins blocked Panipat-Khatim highway keeping the body on road.
- Investigation was under way, said police.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav taking an action on this issue and has instructed the Director General of Police(DGP) to immediately suspend the Inspector of concerned police station. He has also ordered the Chief Secretary(CS) Alok Ranjan to Sub District Magistrate(SDM) and Deputy Superintendent of Police(DySP) from the district and disciplinary action to be taken against them.