CBI takes custody of three accused in Bulandshahr gang-rape case
New Delhi: A day after taking over the probe into the Bulandshahr gang-rape case, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday took three accused in its custody.
“CBI cannot disclose the identity of the detained suspects at this point of time. Moreover, they will be produced in Bulandshahr’s fast-track court-2 on August 23,” said the investigation agency in a statement.
It may be mentioned that the case was transferred to CBI following Allahabad High Court’s instructions on Friday last. Subsequently, a case was registered by the agency and a team of forensic experts accompanied by Deputy Inspector General (DIG) rank officers was sent to the crime scene.
The gang-rape case:
- A group of five men allegedly gang-raped a woman and her 14-year-old daughter on the intervening night of July 31 last.
- They were dragged out of their car just 100 metres away from the police outpost on the national highway-91.
- The victim family was way laid by a group of five robbers on the highway.
- The family was on its way to Shahjahanpur.
- The family hailed from Noida.
- The incident happened about 65 kilometres from the Delhi headquarters.
- Accused had fled away after raping them and also robbed their cash, jewellery and mobile phones.
- The matter was reported to the police on the morning of August 1 last.
Also read: CBI takes over probe into Bulandshahr gang-rape case of UP