CBI books nine Income Tax officials in a nationwide operation
New Delhi: A case has been registered by the Central Bureau of Investigation,on Thursday, against nine Income Tax officials for allegedly indulging in corrupt practices. The officials booked included SK Mittal, Principal Commissioner of Delhi Income Tax department.
Official Sources said that a chartered accountant Sanjay Bhandari and his sons Shreyansh and Divyang are also named as accused in the case.
These officials were availing favours such as stay, conveyance and flight travel at the expense of Bhandari for giving favourable reports for his clients,the sources added.
About the operation:
- In a countrywide operation, the investigative agency searched 17 locations in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad and Khammam.
- The residential premises and offices of allbthe accused were searched.
- Documents related to the properties worth crores of rupees, 4.25 kilograms of gold jewellery and 13 kilograms of silver articles were recovered from the resident of one of the accused during the search.
Officials booked by the CBI are:
- SK Mittal, Principal Commissioner of Delhi Income Tax department
- TN Prakash, Additional Commissioner (exemption), Banglore
- S Murli Mohan, Deputy Commissioner (Investigation), Chennai
- Vijaylaxmi, Commissioner (audit-2), Chennai
- S Pandian, Additional Commissioner, Mumbai
- G Laxmi Baraprasad, Commissioner (DR) ITAT, Mumbai
- Vikram Gaur, Additional Director General (systems-4) Ghaziabad
- Rajendra Kumar, Additional Director (investigation), Mumbai