BSP loved stones, SP created milestones: UP CM Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Taking a jibe at former Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government for using large number of stones in memorials, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said, ‘’ she believed in stones and my government believes in setting milestones’..
“Kisne patthar lagaye sabko pata hai lekin samay batayega ki kaun meel ka patthar hai, ( who erected stones structures and who created milestones , only history will verify),’’ Yadav said after signing memorandum of understanding (MoU) for a theme park in Lucknow on Wednesday.
It may be mentioned that BSP supremo Mayawati also admitted that she used a lot of stones for the construction of memorials and in future the party will not be investing in such projects, if the party comes to power.
The theme park:
- The Uttar Pradesh government has signed the MOU with the Kingdom enterprises, a firm owned by Bollywood personality Sanjay Khan.
- The park will be joint venture between UP government and the company.
- It will be made like Disneyland.
- The park will be made in a sprawling 1,000 acres and an amount of Rs 10,000 crores will be invested on it.
- The Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation (UPSIDC) will invest 20 per cent of the amount.
- The park will also showcase different showcase cities of Mahabharat and Mughal period.
- The concept of this theme park was designed on the instructions of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.