Blasts near Mosque in Medina, two other Saudi cities
Riyadh: Two explosions near Mosques in Qatif and Medina in Saudi Arabia on the last day of Ramadan on Monday killed at least three people including a suicide bomber. Blast occurred when people were breaking their day long fast.
Saudi Arabia faced three blasts in less than 24 hours including one in the morning near the US Consulate in Jeddah. Explosion in Medina was close to the Prophet Muhammad’s Mosque, one of the holiest sites in Islam.
- Photos circulating over the social media shows dark smoke billowing from the parked cars
- Two security officers and a suicide bomber is said to killed during Medina blast
- Major damage has been averted as it was a crowded place
- Blast occurred near the US Consulate in Jeddah
- Two security officers were injured in the blast
- A suicide bomber was killed in the blast
- One explosion in Qatif was heard in a parked car near a Mosque
- Another blast was heard before 7 pm (local time)