BJP trying to vitiate communal harmony ahead of UP polls: BSP
Lucknow: Breaking her silence on the Kairana issue, the former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Supremo Mayawati on Tuesday accused BJP of creating a communal divide in the society by raking up the Hindu exodus issue.
Without naming Bharatiya Janata party MP from Kairana parliamentary constituency Hukum Singh who brought forth the issue, the BSP Supremo said it was smartness of the media which foiled the nefarious design to ignite riots in the western UP once again.
Castigating the ruling Samajwadi Party for being unable to handle the Kairana situation, Mayawati said that as a matter of factly, the exodus had been a universal phenomenon not confined to any specific region
What else she said:
- The BJP’s main purpose seems to be to create communal tension in the area.
- BSP would not let it happen and prevent communal forces to make Kairana a political playground.
- BJP always rakes up the communal issues when elections approach, Kairana is a glaring example.
- People have not just migrated from Kairana and Bundelkhand but from the other parts of the state as well.
- The saffron party was blatantly involved in the horse-trading in recently concluded Rajya Sabha and Legislative Council Polls in UP.
On Modi’s rally
The crowd in the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s rally in Allahabad on Monday was ‘arranged’ from the neighbouring states.
- The BJP has been wasting a large sum of hard earned public money on their election campaigns.
- BJP at the Centre has failed to fulfil poll promises so far hence indulging in rhetoric.
- BJP MP Hukum Singh first exposed the details of 63 families who had to shift from Kairana to other places.
- He said the Hindu families were under constant threat from the minority community.
- He is likely to issue another list with regards to Hindu exodus.