BJP likely to enter next Assembly polls in UP with a CM face
Lucknow: After tasting success in Assam by presenting Sarbananda Sonowal as the Chief Ministerial candidate, speculations are rife about Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) making the same move in upcoming Vidhan Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh.
If party sources are to be believed, the name of Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani, who is known for her oratorial skills, is on the top of the list for the purpose as the fight in UP is with two popular leaders like Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mayawati.They are also known for their shrewd political moves.
Kalyan Singh and Rajnath Singh also in fray:
- The names of Rajasthan Governor Kalyan Singh and Home Minister Rajnath Singh are also in the reckoning.
- The party, however, has yet not taken any decision in this regard.
The other candidates on whom BJP may bank on are:
- Yogi Aadityanath, who is known for his hardcore Hindutva political statements.
- Varun Gandhi, the young leader with the background of Gandhi family and who has a big fan following in the state.
- Dr Dinesh Sharma, presently holding the post of Mayor of Lucknow.
- Kalraj Mishra, Union Minister is also being considered for the same.