BJP, Congress doing too much drama to woo Dalits: Mayawati
Lucknow: Crying foul on 'too much of drama' over Ambedkar by the BJP and Congress, the Bahujan Samaj Party Supremo Mayawati on Thursday said that that both the parties were trying to dilute the Dalit movement of her party by fabricating her in false cases.
Showing scant jitters in the wake of fresh petition filed in the Supreme Court on Wednesday, she called upon her party workers not to be puzzled by this as both the parties were trying to play Dalit-OBC card to their ulterior political motives. '' We have to remain unfazed and continue to uphold the principles of Bahujan Samaj Party,'' she said while addressing a public rally here on the occasion of 125 Ambedkar birth anniversary.
Mayawati minced no words in stating that Dalits of this country were always cheated first by the Congress and now by the BJP. ''The drama of Prime Minister Narendra Modi over Ambedkar will not hold waters as he has already exposed him in the eyes of the people of the country,'' she added.
Takes a pot shot at Rahul Gandhi:
- He compared Dalit scholar Rohith Vemula with Dr Ambedkar.
- Dr Ambedkar should have been compared with leaders like Nelson Mandela or Kanshiram.
- Seemingly, Rahul is not aware of the genius of Dr Ambedkar.
BJP misleading Dalits:
Continuing her vitriolic attack, the BSP supremo said it is a misplaced notion of Prime Minister Narendra Modi ithat he can attract Dalits by building memorials in the name of Dr Bheem Rao Ambedkar.
- Why PM Modi did did not go Sasaram on the jayanti of former Dalit leader Jagjeevan Ram, she asked.
- The Central government was trying to scrap Dalit reservations.
- I will protest on the streets if they will do so.
- They are trying to disturb the harmony of nation by raising the debate on 'Bharat Mata Ke Jai'.
- BSP believes that one does not need to chant 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' to prove their patriotism.
- BJP, SP and Congress have raised objections on Elephant idols at Ambedkar park.
- These idols have been installed to welcome guests.
- The BSP government will not construct monuments now.
Attacked Keshav Prasad Maurya:
- The BSP president attacked the newly appointed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Keshav Prasad Maurya for criminal cases registered against him.
He comes from the backward class but he is inspired from the ideology of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- He will always work like an RSS member.
Attacks SP government of Uttar Pradesh:
- There is a situation of ‘Jungleraj’ in Uttar Pradesh.
- The Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is spending the hard earned money of public on his foreign trips.
- He is busy playing cricket match with IAS officers.
- The Indian Administration Service (IAS) officers may help him winning the cricket match but not the elections.
- Expressed concern over the deteriorating condition of Law and Order in Uttar Pradesh.
- The SP government had earlier got the support of Congress and now BJP was supporting them.
- Much-publicised Lucknow Metro project and Lucknow-Agra Expressway project were brain-child of my government while Akhilesh is taking all the credit.
- Will order probe on financial decision of SP government if BSP comes to power.