BJP and BSP are trying to defame Samajwadi party, says Dimple Yadav
Allahabad: In what can be called a clarification, Samajwadi Party's star campaigner and Member of Parliament from Kannauj constituency Dimple Yadav on Monday said the Bhartiya Janata Party as well as Bahujan Samaj Party were trying to malign her party's image.
Quoting Megastar Amitabh Bachchan's dialogue, Dimple Yadav said, "Jo hai Naam Wala wahi to Badnaam hain (People try to defame those who are famous). She added, "our government has been working for the development of Uttar Pradesh. The state has progressed, yet the opponents are trying to calumniate the Samajwadi Party."
Launching an attack on Prime Minister Modi's demonetisation move, Dimple said, "how can we trust a party which made the commoners stand in long ATM queues for hours to get their very own money."
It may be mentioned that the SP MP was in the city to address a public gathering in support of SP assembly candidate from Allahabad west Richa Singh.
What else Dimple Yadav said:
- The Samajwadi Party government in the state did a wonderful work here but few things are left, which will be taken care of when the party will retain power in Uttar Pradesh.
- Dimple urged people to stand in support of their Akhilesh Bhaiya and make him win the election.
- The past Bahujan Samaj Party government in the state erected elephants in parks and roads.
- Another at the Centre forced people to stand in lines outside banks and ATMs.
- Without naming PM Modi, Dimple said that he does ‘Mann Ki Baat’ on radio but not ‘Kaam Ki Baat’.