Bishada people plan protest over inaction against Akhlaq's kin
Noida: People in Bishada are mounting pressure on police to register case against the family members of Akhlaq under sections related to Animal Cruelty. Hundreds of villagers were present during the panchayat which was held on Friday.
Excerpts from Panchayat:
• People from over 144 villages including Haryana and Rajasthan are invited to take part in their agitation against Akhlaq
• Villagers have planned to stop the freight rail that carries coal for NTPC, if police didn’t register case of cow slaughter against Akhlaq’s family
• Villagers have given police a deadline until Sunday
• Villagers have also planned to block Dadri-GT road if in case police fails to register the case
• BJP leader Sanjay Rana was also present during the panchayat