Bihar floods toll rises to 213 following eight new deaths
Patna: Although most of the rivers are flowing below the danger mark, the toll in Bihar floods on Wednesday rose to 213 after eight more deaths have been reported.
“The fresh casualties were reported from Vaishali district of the state,” said the Bihar Disaster Management Authority. Apart from humans, a total of 86 animals have also lost their lives owing to the floods.
According to the Water Resources Department, the rivers flowing above the danger level in Bihar include Punpun in Sripalpur (Bhojpur district), Kamlabalan in Jhanjharpur (Madhubani distt) and Kosi in Baltara (Khagaria distt). Moreover, other rivers including Ganga were flowing below the danger mark.
- The condition of flood continued to prevail in 12 districts of the state including Patna.
- A total of 613 panchayats and 79 blocks are currently under inundation.
- The state government has deployed as many as 2,973 boats for rescuing people.
- The national and state disaster response forces have been deployed in affected areas.
- About 3.17 people have already been evacuated from the flood-hit district of the state.