APCC President Anjan Dutta passes away at AIIMS in Delhi
New Delhi: Anjan Dutta, the Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) President died on Thursday morning at 0700 hours due to cardiac failure at AIIMS in Delhi.
- Dutta was 64 years old and had been hospitalised several times due to severe chest infection.
- Dutta was appointed as the APCC President on December 13, 2014.
- On May 25, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi had also visited the senior politician at AIIMS.
- Anjan Dutta was appointed as the MLA of Amguri constituency in Assam for three times.
- He was also the minister of Transport in Assam.