Another crime on NH-91, armed robbers loot a bus in Hathras
Hathras, UP: In yet another criminal activity on national highway-91 within 48 hours, armed robbers managed to loot a bus carrying more than 25 passengers while on its way to Etah, police said.
It may be mentioned that it is the same highway on which a mother-daughter duo was gang-raped by a group of five men after dragging them out of their car on Saturday night.
“The robbers boarded on the bus from Aligarh as a passenger and were equipped with sharp weapons. They robbed the passengers near Pulrai village,” said senior superintendent of police (SSP) Dr Ajay Pal.
- The incident happened in Sikandra Rau police station.
- It happened at around 2030 hours near Pulari Village.
- The crime spot was hardly 2 kms away from the police outpost.
- Robbers managed to flee away from the spot.
- The police took around 10-11 minutes to reach the incident spot.
- The police have taken five suspects in custody.
- It is being speculated that accused were locals.
- One of the robbers was carrying illegal fire arms.
Earlier, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister on Sunday last ordered a very strict highway patrolling after the Bulandshahr gang-rape case.