Alld HC fixes date of hearing in Bulandshahr gang-rape case
Allahabad: Taking a suo motu cognizance of the Bulandshahr gang rape incident, the Allahabad High Court on Sunday decided to hear the case.
The decision was taken by a bench comprising Chief Justices D B Bhonsle and Yashwant Verma. The court has fixed August 8 as the date of hearing in the case.
The odious Bulandshahr gang-rape case:
- A family’s car was waylaid by a group of men on the national highway under Bulandshahr’s Dehat Kotwali.
- The family included a couple and their 14-year-old daughter.
- The woman and her minor daughter were taken to a nearby field and gang-raped by the miscreants.
- They also robbed the family, fleeing with their valuables.
The court’s action:
- In the wake of the heinous incident, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had suspended many senior police officials including Senior Superintendant of Police (SSP), Bulandshahr Vaibhav Krishna and Inspector Ramsen Singh.
- Subsequently, three persons were arrested in connection with the case.