Allahabad HC refuses to stay CBI probe in Illegal Mining
Allahabad: Allahabad High Court, on Wednesday, refused to stay its order of a CBI probe in the illegal mining case over a plea moved by the Uttar Pradesh government.
A division bench comprised of Chief Justice DB Bhosle and Justice Yashwant Verma will hear the case next on August 19.
What the court said?
- Court has sought a report by the central bureau of investigation (CBI) by September 8
- Why the state government does not want a CBI probe in the case, quizzed HC
- Court has asked both the parties to present documents in favour of their claims
- The bench said that court cannot stop the inquiry over technical reasons
What the government said?
- Senior counsel for the state government, Raju Ramchandran said that court passed its order without hearing the government’s stand
- Court had denied CBI probe on various occasions in the past
- Court took its decision in haste