All India Sunni Ulema Council seeks clarification on RSS demand
Kanpur: All India Sunni Ulema Council has written a letter to Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat posing six questions and asked it to clear its stand on each one of them.
The questions are mainly related to its demand for creation of a Hindu Rashtra (Hindu nation) though it has also referred to some other issues.
Through the letter released on Monday, the council has sought an appointment with him to discuss these issues face to face.
Since Bhagwat has come here on a five-day visit he can find some time for Council members and remove some of their doubts on these matters, the letter said.
Questions asked by the Council:
- Does RSS consider India as a Hindu nation?
- Have You prepared a road-map to achieve this aim?
- Will Hindu scriptures be guiding this nation?
- What is your view regarding conversion?
- How is your yardstick to assess the love Muslims for the nation?
- What is your view on Islam?