Akhilesh Yadav to flag off trial run of Lucknow Metro on Dec 1
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Samajwadi Party Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav will launch the trial of the Metro train from Transport Nagar depot on Thursday.
No other city till date in India have opted for trials directly on the corridor, rather than on a test track.
Lucknow Metro, however, will serve the commuters in the city from March 2017 but they will be able to see the metro train running on Kanpur road track for the first time on Dec 1.
LMRC sources said that trial run would be on 8.5 km stretch from Transport Nagar to Charbagh station.
Technicalities of the Lucknow Metro trial run:
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav initially will monitor the train's functioning in the control centre.
- The train would move at a speed as slow as 10 to 12 kms per hour during the trial run.
- Metro officials will do high speed test in further trials.
- There are a total of six stations - Transport Nagar, Krishnanagar, Singarnagar, Alambagh, Alambagh Bus Station and Mawaiya in the Kanpur Road corridor.
LMRC tested Metro on the viaduct on Monday
- LMRC MD Kumar Keshav and his team conducted Metro rail trials on the viaduct after Monday midnight.
Lucknow to become the first Indian city to see live trial in public glare
- Keshav Kumar said that when his team was confident about the trial, he decided to go for a live show in full public glare instead of doing the trial inside the metro depot.