Akhilesh Yadav tops the popularity chart in the family: Survey
New Delhi: In the Latest survey conducted by C-Voter, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has emerged more popular leader than his father and party president Mulayam Singh Yadav and his uncle Shivpal Yadav after the recent struggle in the family and party.
Survey clearly suggests that 66.7 per cent of the participants are satisfied to have him as the state chief minister while 19.1 per cent of them wants his father to take him over.
Shivpal lags far behind Akhilesh not among the general public but also among the party men.
- The survey was based on the opinions of as many as 11,000 respondents in the state.
- According to the survey report, Akhilesh is admired by 74.8 per cent of the SP supporters while Netaji by 18.8 per cent.
- Between Akhilesh and Shivpal Singh Yadav, the former was backed by 88.1 while the latter by 4.6 per cent.
- 38.2 per cent of the respondents believe that Akhilesh wants to refurbish the image of his party but fails while 24.2 per cent says that he has succeeded in the cause.
- 24.2 per cent of the participants said that the family/party feud was nothing less than a publicity stunt in the poll-bound state.