Akhilesh throws spanner in Mulayam's compromise formula
''The party may have high stakes in the assembly elections but these also involve my personal reputation hence Netaji (Mulayami) should listen to me in the process of ticket distribution,'' said Akhilesh when asked if he was ready to rescind some of the decisions
In Slides: Read what Akhilesh said.....
- All the tussles are not because of me.
- Why should I be seen as the giver only.
- Nobody says about what I lost in the process.
- I am expected to be a 'giver ' only while I had to sacrifice a lot.
- I will concede everything or anything , even the post to a 'good' person but wants something in return.
- I will not object losing the post of State party Chief but certainly want the powers to distribute the tickets.
Akhilesh , in fact, did not seek to hide his displeasure over the way he was removed from the post of state SP President which will have a stellar role in ticket distribution in the coming elections. He made it clear that any outsider would never be allowed to disturb the functioning of the party or the government.
- On September 12 (Monday), Akhilesh sacked Mining Minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati and Panchayati Raj Minister Raj Kishor Singh.
- Akhilesh, on Tuesday, removed Chief Secretary Deepak Singhal and posted Rahul Bhatnagar as the new CS.
- Hours after Akhilesh’s step, Mulayam appointed Shivpal as the Samajwadi Party State President by Mulayam replacing Akhilesh Yadav.
- After this Akhilesh, in an unexpected manner, stripped his uncle Shivpal of important portfolios of PWD and irrigation and handed him less important portfolios.
- Sulked over the decision, Shivpal proceeds to his native place in Etawah from where he goes to Delhi to meet Mulaym there.
- After two days, all the leaders return to Lucknow while Mulayam anchors the damage control.
- Suddenly, at late Thursday night, Shivpal resigned from all the posts.