Junior Bachchan to be chief guest at Youth Festival of BHU
Varanasi: Abhishek Bachachan, the third-generation Bachchan will be the chief guest at 'Spandan', the youth festival of Banaras Hindu University on Wednesday. It must be a historical moment for him as the legendary Hindi poet and his grandfather Harivansh Rai Bachchan was alumnus of BHU and had the first public recitation of timeless "Madhushala' here in 1927.
There were many efforts in the past to invite mega star Amitabh Bachchan but could not be materialised.
- Abhishek will have 'darshan' at Kashi Vishwanath Temple in the forenoon.
- He will attend the function at 1300 hrs .
- The concluding ceremony of 'spandan' will have comedy king Raju Srivastava as the chief guest.
- Heavy security arrangements have been ensured keeping in view the enthusiasm among the youths.
Abhishek Bachchan and Varanasi:
- Abhishek's grandfather was distinguished alumnus of BHU before moving to Allahabad.
- He started work on 'Madhushala' from here.
- The marriage of Abhishek and Aishwarya Rai was solemnised under the supervision of 'pundits' from Kashi.
- Amitabh had consulted astrologers of Kashi before Abhi-Ash marraige.