3D speed breakers,zebra crossing in India to check road mishaps
Noida: ...now the 3D speed breakers and zebra crossings to check road accidents. The novel innovation designed by two students of Gujarat has clicked with the Central government which has decided to implement it across the country.
Union Surface Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari informed in his tweet '' we are trying to minimise the vehicular speed by erecting 3D virtual speed breakers.'' The central government, in fact, has included this suggestion in the road map too.
Increasing road accidents:
- The causalities in road accidents are increasing day by day.
- The country is losing to the tune of Rs 550 crore due to road accidents every year.
- There is no effective mechanism to check the speed in the country.
- 3D painting of speed breakers are being seen as the 'in-thing' from now onwards.
- The 3D speed breakers and zebra crossings will be made at specified places.
Indian on second spot in road mishaps:
- The reports of United Nations (UN), World Health Organisation (WHO) and National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB) present a gloomy picture of road discipline in India owing to ever increasing number of vehicles.
- According to NCRB, every three minute, a person dies in road mishap.
- After China where one lakh people die in road accidents every year, India ranks second.
- India has the dubious distinction of lagging behind China by a small margin.