30 houses demolished on Azam Khan’s behest, alleges Cong leader
Rampur: A Congress party leader, Faisal Lala has alleged that cabinet minister Azam Khan got 30 houses demolished in the Dungarpur area of Rampur district in spite of the stay order of the Allahabad High Court in this matter.
Faisal Lala has alleged that Azam Khan wrote a letter to the District Magistrate of Rampur and pressurized him to get the stay vacated from High Court. Within five days around 30 houses were demolished despite the stay being in force.Faisal Lala also released the letter he claimed was written by Azam Khan to the DM. Faisal is Minority cell coordinator of Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee.
- Dungarpur basti is located near the house of Azam Khan and police line.
- Around 1000 houses have been made here under Aashra residential scheme.
- The district administration ordered demolition of 30 houses claiming them to be illegal.
- Residents of the Dungarpur basti moved the High Court which stayed the demolition order.
- The issue was raised before the Governor Ram Naik by the Congress leader.
- The Governor wrote a letter to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav asking him to take appropriate action.
- Faisal Lala took the matter to National Commission to Minorities.
- The commission had sought a report from UP chief secretary within 3 weeks.