RCB vs PBKS IPL 2022: Virat Kohli fails again but crosses THIS huge IPL landmark
Kohli was looking in good touch before he gave away his wicket vs Punjab Kings
Luck and form are still evading Royal Challengers Banaglore's opening batter Virat Kohli as he got out on 20 off 14 balls in Match 60 of IPL 2022.
Kohli was looking in good touch before he gave away his wicket.
However, even that 20-run knock vs Punjab helped him crossed a big landmark.
Kohli on Friday became the first player to score 6,500 runs in the Indian Premier League.
He accomplished this feat against Punjab Kings at Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai.
A single towards mid-wicket off a Harpreet Brar delivery helped Kohli reach this accomplishment.
Kohli is also the highest run-scorer in the league`s history, followed by Shikhar Dhawan (6,186), David Warner (5,876), Rohit Sharma (5,829), Suresh Raina (5,528) and Ab De Villiers (5,162)
Coming to the match, the RCB innings is in progress.
Earlier, put to bat first, Punjab Kings put up a huge 209/9 in their 20 overs on the board, powered by Jonny Bairstow (66) and Liam Livingstone (70).
For RCB, Harshal Patel scalped four wickets while Wanindu Hasaranga settled for two.
Bairstow single-handily trashed Josh Hazlewood for 21 runs in the second over of the innings. The duo of Bairstow and Shikhar Dhawan smashed RCB`s bowlers all over the ground. Punjab Kings especially targetted two RCB bowlers - Josh Hazlewood and Mohammed Siraj - and smashed them for 100 runs in the 6 overs they the bowled together.
The blistering duo took their team`s total beyond the 50-run mark inside 4 overs and brought up their 50 runs partnership for the opening wicket as well.
- International Day for Biological Diversity: Explore the peace and witness marvellous natural beauty spots in India
- India records 2,022 new Covid cases, 46 deaths in last 24 hours
- No order has been issued to surrender the ration card in the state: UP Food Commissioner
- Ground Breaking Ceremony 3: Nearly 62 Top Industry Captains confirm their arrival; PM Modi to perform Bhumi-pujan
- Jug Jugg Jeeyo Trailer: Varun Dhawan & Kiara Advani bring emotions & entertainment with Neetu, Anil Kapoor
- Y-FACTOR | Lord Shiva returns to Gyanvapi, After Lord Rama its Lord Shiva's turn | Yogesh Mishra
- Tokyo summit to review progress of Quad initiatives: PM Modi
- Bilateral with Biden, Quad summit: PM Modi elaborates Japan visit agenda
- 8 dead, 3 others injured in tragic accident in Uttar Pradesh; PM Modi, CM Yogi Adityanath mourn deaths
- North Korea's daily suspected COVID cases drop below 200,000, shows 'positive trend'