IPL 2024 Playoffs: Chances of different teams

Hyderabad team is currently present on 14 points. Now that the match between Gujarat and KKR has been canceled, the equation of playoff has also become interesting.

Bhoomi Goyal
Published on: 14 May 2024 7:20 AM GMT
IPL 2024 Playoffs: Chances of different teams
X

The 63rd match of IPL 2024 was canceled due to rain due to which Gujarat Titans (GT vs KKR) suffered a loss and the team is now out of the race for the playoffs (IPL 2024 playoff). Due to cancellation of the match, both the teams were given one point each, due to which KKR team remains on top with 19 points. Apart from this, Rajasthan Royals team is currently at second place in the IPL Points Table. At the same time, currently CSK is at number 3 which has 14 points. At the same time, Hyderabad team is at number 4, Sunrisers Hyderabad team has to play 2 more matches. Hyderabad team is currently present on 14 points. Now that the match between Gujarat and KKR has been canceled, the equation of playoff has also become interesting.

KKR team is on top. Due to cancellation of the match against Gujarat, the team got one and Kolkata is at first place with 19 points. It is possible for KKR to remain on top. There are about 75 percent chances that KKR will remain on top, whereas, there are only 25 percent chances where KKR can come at second place. KKR has one more match to play. If KKR wins its next match, it will remain on top. Even after losing, the team will remain on top. This is because even if Rajasthan wins its next match, it will have only 18 points.

Rajasthan Royals team is currently at number two. Rajasthan team has to play one more match. Rajasthan remains at second position with 16 points. If Rajasthan wants to retain its number two position in the playoffs, it will have to win its next match at any cost. The team can reach the playoffs with 16 points. By the way, Rajasthan has two matches, so the hope is that the Rajasthan team can reach the playoffs. If the Rajasthan team loses both its matches then the net run rate will come down, after losing two matches, Rajasthan will have 16 points in 14 matches, due to which other teams especially Hyderabad and Lucknow will benefit.

The match of 18th May is going to be do or die for CSK. CSK will have to defeat RCB with a big margin. At the same time, CSK will also have to depend on the results of other teams. If Lucknow loses both its remaining matches, CSK will move ahead with 14 points. At the same time, if LSG wins a match, then due to better NRR, CSK team will be a strong contender to reach the playoffs. Also if LSG wins both their matches and Hyderabad loses both their matches, also CSK loses to RCB then the final playoff spot will be decided between CSK, SRH and RCB on the basis of net run rate. .

It is easy for Sunrisers Hyderabad team to qualify. The team has to play two matches. If they lose one of their matches and Lucknow win both their matches then both the teams will have 16 points, but SRH will have the advantage due to better net runs.

CSK match is very important for Royal Challengers Bangalore. RCB will have to win the match against CSK at any cost. And that too with a huge margin. RCB has recently maintained its chances by winning 5 consecutive matches.

Lucknow team has to play two matches. After winning both the matches, Lucknow team will reach 16 points. Whereas, if CSK beats RCB and SRH wins one of its two matches, then the 3rd team will have 16 points. It may be difficult for Lucknow here. Actually, Lucknow's net run rate is not better than other teams.

Delhi Capitals team has to play one match, it seems difficult for Delhi to reach the playoffs. The match between Lucknow and Delhi is going to be do or die. The match will be played between the two teams on Tuesday.

Bhoomi Goyal

Bhoomi Goyal

English Content Writer in Newstrack from Jaipur, Rajasthan. (Education, Business, Technology, Political, Sports, Lifestyle, Crime and Webstories)

My self Bhoomi Goyal from Jaipur, Rajasthan. I have passed my Master's in Journalism and Mass Communication this year. I worked in Rajasthan Patrika for six months as an intern. I am working here from June 1st. I passed my graduation in BCA from Rajasthan University and master's in journalism and mass communication from Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur.

Next Story