Zika trolls over Zica, Tata Motors to rename its new car
Mumbai: India’s automobile giant Tata Motors as a socially responsible company has decided to rename its latest economic segment car ‘Zica’ after its name clashed with dreaded virus Zika.
The announcement was made through a press statement by Tata Motors.
About ‘Zica’ -
- Launch of Zica car name coincide with Zika virus.
- Name of car Zica is derived from ‘Zippy car’.
- Zika virus is derived its name from Zika forest of Uganda.
- Footballer Lionel Messi is the brand ambassador of Tata Motor.
- First case of Zika virus was reported in Argentina.